Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Canals at Valley Ranch



There's a restaurant directly behind me. You can enjoy delicious (I'm hoping) Italian food while you sit near their floor to ceiling windows that overlook the canal.


The weather has finally cooled off enough that I can venture outside without fear of drowning in my own sweat. That 10 degrees makes a pretty significant difference for me, but the ChiChis are still hating the heat.

I decided to explore the canals in my neighborhood. Apparently there are about 5 miles of them that wind around luxuries homes and not so luxuries apartment buildings. I barely covered about a half mile because my boys simply stopped moving at a certain point and dropped to the ground.  I had brought plenty of water for them, and they drank it, but then they still looked like this:


I let them rest for about 15 minutes, but even then, I had to carry Miles back to the car. Next time I go, I'll make sure that it's on a very cool day so that I can show you more of the canals. For now, I have these pictures. What I couldn't get pictures of were the many turtles that hang out on the rocks. As soon as we'd approach, they'd plop into the water like a bunch of giant, green, slimy ice cubes dropping into a green smoothie.



Most of the houses have back porches that open directly onto the canals. There were lots of chairs and tables out and I imagined the people who live there hanging out at night, listening to the sounds of the canal. I don't know if they actually do that.








Miles and Elvis terrorized the ducks. Of course. In their minds, they are mighty warriors.




How can you not love a face like that?










No comments:

Post a Comment